2011 brought forth many wonderful memories, adventures, some trials, but mostly I would say it was a FANTASTIC year! To commemorate the year 2011, I've written eleven things that I've learned this year...
1. I've learned that it's okay to try new things and not always like it. It doesn't mean I've failed, it just made me more aware of what I do want. (example: leaving my Lead RN position at the hospital and learning that Home Health nursing wasn't the right fit for me.)
2. Road trips really are the best way to explore.
3. Italy really is all it's cracked up to be. Can't wait to go back someday.
4. Time seems to go way faster in America. On our trips outside of the US this year, the time almost stood still. Amazing!
5. Patience. I've always thought I was a patient person, but this year has really taught me patience. After over a year and half of trying to get pregnant, I've finally accepted that things don't always happen when you want it, and that in God's timing we will someday have children.
6. My husband is really passionate about travel. I am so proud of him, and grateful for his skills at finding us great travel deals. The memories we have from traveling are priceless!
7. My inner craftiness is still there! The last couple of years I've kind of been in a slump when it comes to my crafts. I've rediscovered my passion for being crafty this year, and I have tons of projects planned for 2012.
8. Family is everything. We are so blessed to have such an amazing family!
9. I am a bit obsessed with antiquing. There is just something so exhilarating about finding a treasure that has a story to it. My most recent collection: vintage globes. Must have something to do with my desire to travel the world.
10. I have a weakness for Koi Fusion's Korean tacos.
11. And lastly, I am learning to appreciate the everyday life and not to take things for granted so much. I am incredibly blessed, and I think when things are easy we forget to thank God for all of those little things. I'm working on that.